"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." - Song of Solomon 4:7

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Down by the Boardwalk

Down by the Boardwalk

Jack BB Dakota dress / ALDO sandals / LL Bean tote bag / Design Darling bracelet

Today I decided to center a look around a classic shirt dress. Vibrant colors are a great way to add life to your wardrobe, especially in the summer. If you're a little leery of making a statement with such attention-getting hues, try sticking to classic, clean shapes (a great decision anyways)  and it will be hard for you to go wrong. This dress is a great example. Sleeveless shirt dresses and button downs are great for when it's hot out, especially on days you know you'll be going outdoors. A preppy belt gives it shape - and how cute is this navy and white version? I also chose flat cognac sandals - great for running around in. This tortoiseshell bracelet is from the Design Darling boutique - and it really is darling. Recently I've realized how versatile tortoiseshell is - you can wear it with silvers, golds, blacks, browns, you name it. It's a great neutral. Finally, a classic boat tote is perfect for lugging around your essentials - sturdy, preppy, and monogrammable (did I just make up a word?).

Happy hump day!
XOXO,
Kate

“I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.”- Psalm 119:60

3 comments:

  1. I love how simple and chic this is! I have a red shirt dress like this (except it's chambray) and was thinking of ways to wear it more often... I guess less is more! :)

    I really love all the outfits you put together! and I want that tortoise bracelet. Tortoise really does go great with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Megan! Shirt dresses are great, I'm really looking into building up my collection. I really like all of your outfits too! :)

      Delete
  2. Much thanks to you so much, Megan! Shirt dresses are incredible, I'm truly investigating developing my accumulation. I truly like the greater part of your outfits as well.Thank you you very much..

    ReplyDelete