"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." - Song of Solomon 4:7

Saturday, February 26, 2011

She's so Stylish: Claudette Colbert in "It Happened One Night"


I'd like to start off by saying I adore Clark Gable. I have ever since I first saw "Gone with the Wind" in fourth grade and always will. He is the quintessential leading man, and his Academy Award win for his role in "It Happened One Night" was well warranted.

And now, my point. Claudette Colbert dazzles in the film as Ellie Andrews, a bratty heiress. Classic clothes are my passion, and I'm always looking for ways to put an interesting spin on timeless silhouettes. Enter Colbert's wardrobe in "It Happened One Night." She wears basically one outfit through the entire movie -as the premise calls for - but she wears it well. Those hemlines. That cardigan. That hat, and those STRIPES! The whole outfit is gorgeously put together. Not to mention her wedding dress. I really do get excited.

And below, the famous "Wall of Jericho" scene featuring Colbert and Gable's perfect clothes. Enjoy.


Love ya bunches,
Kate

Photo Attribution: By Trailer screenshot, from DVD It Happened One Night, Columbia, 1999 (It Happened One Night trailer) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment