"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." - Song of Solomon 4:7

Friday, March 25, 2011

Wardrobe Basics

 "You spend so much money filling your entire closet and then at the end you only wear like ten things. Why not make your whole closet about those ten things?" - Jean Yang
The quotation above is a  great fashion philosophy to live by. Sticking with the classics and essentials is always an amazingly wise choice when it comes to clothing. Recently I've been trying to think twice before I hop on the trend train and really go for investment pieces instead, and my wardrobe has been thanking me. One benefit of investing in wardrobe staples is that you can work with them and mold them into nearly any look you like. As I've said before, that's really what my blog is all about - putting a new twist on something timeless.
Wardrobe Basics

Wardrobe Basics by Pretty Keen 
Above are 10 things I consider to be apparel basics. It's not so much about the brand they are but the pieces themselves and their versatility, which will truly last a lifetime. I know the color palate is pretty muted, but neutrals are most flexible. If you could only buy ten things to keep in your closet, it'd be a wise choice to make them these.
Top row from left: black blazer, trench coat, little black dress, basic tee, crisp white button-down.
Bottom row from left: pearl necklace, black flats, nude heels, dark-wash jeans, pencil skirt.
Click on image for full product listing. 

Much love and happy wardrobe building,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment