"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." - Song of Solomon 4:7

Friday, November 30, 2012

Double Take: Alexa Chung in Metallics

Alexa Chung



BCBG Max Azria dress // Lucky Brand flats (on sale!) // Brooks Brothers bag // Tom Ford lipstick //

As many of you already know, Alexa Chung is the fashion world's resident It Girl, and has been for a few years now. Her style is prim and classic, but not in a predictable way. Everything she wears is decidedly fresh, and the confidence with which she wears it comes across as nothing short of cool. Recently I've been paying more and more attention to what she wears, and I'm (unsurprisingly) liking what I'm seeing. Not too long ago Alexa stepped out to a shop opening wearing a metallic lace dress, Mary Jane flats, a straw bag, and tousled hair. Well, as a part of a new series here on the blog I decided to see what I could do to come up with my own version of her ensemble. The look I created features a similar dress with beautiful fluttered sleeves. Although Alexa mixes metallics in her look, I kept the shades of the shoes and dress pretty similar in mine, although I wouldn't mind trying a gold or bronze shoe with it as well. I accented with a gorgeous cross-body bag from Brooks Brothers to mimic Alexa's laid back purse and a soft lip by Tom Ford. 

XOXO,
Kate

"Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, by the gazelles and wild deer, not to awaken love until the time is right." - Song of Solomon 2:7

1 comment:

  1. That dress is looking fab on you. I like the entire collection especially your outfit too..:)

    ReplyDelete